My apologies to those of you who may receive this message twice.
LAST MINUTE REMINDER FOR MOVEMBER PARTY TOMORROW – COME & HAVE FUN & RAISE FUNDS FOR CHARITY.
For details of the event please see the attachment.
Many wonderful raffle prizes including:
2 RETURN AIR TICKETS TO THE MARA Donated by MOMBASA AIR SAFARI
2 NIGHTS MARA SAROVA Donated by SAROVA HOTELS
2 NIGHTS LEOPARD BEACH HOTEL Donated by LEOPARD BEACH HOTEL
DINNER / LUNCH AT SHEHNAI Donated by SHEHNAI RESTAURANT
½ Deep Sea Fishing Donated by Walter Brun
4pax Glass Bottom Boat Trip Donated by Buccaneer
6,000Ksh Voucher Eatery Donated by Eatery
6 Sollatek Solar Baskets Donated by Sollatek
6 Glowstar lamps Donated by Sollatek
Free Entry to 10 to 4 bike ride Donated by Mt Kenya Trust
Kikroy Towel Donated by Vipingo Village Fund
2 3,000ksh Voucher Tamarind Treasure Donated by Treasure at Tamarinds
Dinner for 2 with house wine Donated by Just Drinks (JDs)
One night in Satao Donated by Southern Cross
Voucher for Neptune’s in Galu Donated by Neptune’s in Galu
Voucher for Reef Hotel Donated by Reef Hotel
100 Roses Donated by Equinox
Dinner for 2 on the Tamarind Dhow Donated by Tamarind Group
Dinner for 2 at the Tamarind Restaurant Donated by Tamarind Group
RULES FOR THE SWIMMING POOL WHICH WILL BE PUT ON THE GATE TO THE POOL MEXT WEEK.
THIS IS YOUR POOL, KEEP IT SAFE, HYGIENIC & CLEAN FOR EVERYBODY BY OBSERVING THESE RULES:
1. KEEP THIS GATE CLOSED & LOCKED AT ALL TIMES TO STOP SMALL CHILDREN ENTERING THE POOL.
2. PLEASE SHOWER IN THE CHANGING ROOMS & WASH THOROUGHLY BEFORE SWIMMING.
3. DO YOUR BEST TO KEEP THE FLOORS OF THE CHANGING ROOMS DRY TO AVOID ACCIDENTS.
4. MEN MUST ONLY WEAR SWIMMING TRUNKS & LADIES NYLON OR LYCRA SWIMWEAR IN THE POOL.
5. SHOWER OFF ANY SUN TAN OILS & CLEAN YOUR FEET BEFORE RE-ENTERING THE POOL.
6. ONLY TAKE TOWELS & VALUABLES INTO THE POOL AREA. LEAVE BAGS IN THE CHANGING ROOMS.
7. NO CHILDREN UNDER 10 TO SWIM WITHOUT A PARENT PRESENT IN THE POOL AREA.
8. NO GLASSES OR BOTTLES IN THE POOL AREA. PLASTIC CUPS ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
9. BE SURE TO SIGN IN & PAY FOR YOUR GUESTS IN THE CLUB HOUSE BEFORE ENTERING THE POOL.
10. YOU SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK & THE CLUB WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ACCIDENTS.
1. Starting this Saturday 24th November racing will take place every Saturday afternoon (instead of Sunday afternoon) & the 1st start will remain at 3pm. The reason for the change is that the vast majority of sailors wanted to keep Sunday as a Family day.
2. Introduction of fees for Storage & Sailing. At the last General Committee meeting a proposal was accepted to introduce a mix of annual fees for storage of boats and for rigging and use of club boats to contribute to the costs of sailing. The fee structure will be implemented from 1 December 2012 (except for rigging fees which have already started). The boat hire fee is subject to change with notice in respect of the Bosun’s & 420’s, which will be reviewed once the renovation programme is completed. This is because final repair costs are not known until we get new sails.
1. Sailing Dinghy storage fees Ksh 3,000/= charged on boat owner, including one shilling scheme boats. Payable annually by 1 September (within 1 month of start of sailing season), except that this will be from 1 December in 2012/2013 season and then next due date will be 1 September 2013.
2. Motor Boat storage fees – Ksh 150/= per foot of overall length per month subject to:
a) If boat is not actively used (at least monthly) and space is required for storage of sailing dinghies, or other club boats, then the Club may give 2 months’ notice to the Owner to remove the boat.
b) The Owner to be responsible for ensuring the boat is on a serviceable trailer to allow boats to be removed from, or shifted within the club premises to suit Club requirements.
c) Owners do not have the right to any particular slot within the storage shed.
d) The Fee is payable 2 months in advance.
3. Cruising yachts Ksh 50/= per foot of overall length per month on the following conditions.
a) Must be on serviceable trailer.
b) Payable 2 months in advance.
4. All boats stored at owner’s risk and Owners responsible for insurance.
1. Rigging fee Ksh 250/= per boat to be recorded by Idi and charged weekly
to Boat owner (same manner as a bar bill).
a) Applies only to boats rigged by the club staff.
b) Boats will only be rigged upon individual request to Idi (with reasonable notice).
2. Hire of Club Dinghy (Members) Ksh 500/= per race day. (Waived for any
member who helps Idi rig and unrig the boats and clean them after sailing).
Rate for 420/= and Bosun may be reviewed upon completion of renovation
3. Hire of Club Dinghy (Non Members) Ksh 1,000/= per race day, payable in
cash – recorded by Idi and paid at the Bar.