1. Below are details of the events we have planned for your enjoyment this month. To avoid disappointment please help us estimate the number attending each event by putting your name on the relevant list on the Club notice board in advance.
2. We had a very successful moustache auction during the Movember event last month & raised shs 700,000/= for charity, half going to the Mt Kenya Trust for the preservation of the ecosystem on the mountain & the other half to Bomu Hospital for the men’s cancer screening programme. Movember is a worldwide movement & you would would like to know more about it Google the word ”Movember”. Everyone had a great time & your ancient Commodore was sold for the amazing sum of shs 200,000/=. If you would like to see how he did it go to our Facebook page ”MYCM”, or our website www.mombasayachtclub.org which has recently had a facelift thanks to our new member Wencke.
3. Sailing has now been changed from Sunday to Saturday afternoons with the first start at 3pm. The sailors will now be having their tea after sailing on the new terrace, creating more space on the main verandah for Social members to relax, so come & join us. We are reducing the number of bookings we accept for weddings on Saturdays to avoid inconvenience to members & in future you will always be advised well in advance if the Club House is to be closed for a function. The covered area beyond the pool will always remain open if the Club House is closed & tables & chairs will be put out for the sailors to have tea & to provide a food & bar service for members.
4. The swimming pool is very popular with adults who like to swim & wind down after work & families love Sunday afternoons, when a BBQ is provided & our Animator Barak entertains the children. Tables & chairs are put out for parents in the shade on the magnificent new lawns & whether you want acitivity, or peace & quiet, there is something for everybody.
5. There have been a few incidents of people paying cash for food & drink & then the chits they signed have been invoiced again on their monthly account. To avoid this happening please be sure to endorse any chit where you have paid cash with the word CASH in large clear letters. We will be introducing different coloured chits for cash transactions to solve this problem as soon as possible.
6. If you have a complaint that cannot be solved on the spot by the Duty Manager please email details of the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org & you wil receive a prompt reply from the Committee member concerned, or myself. Don’t forget, if you want to call the Club & talk to the Manager the number is 0729 396563.
Come & try all the wonderful new facilities at your Club during this festive season.